Monday, September 2, 2013

Gallup, New Mexico: Elder Collins Week One Mission Field Updates

Glad I got to talk to you last week. It was good to hear your voices, the flights went good but it took a long time. I got to meet a member from our ward in Gallup, his name is Brother Hansen. I don't know if he is related to Danny but what I know is that he's in his forties and he has cancer or at least he is recovering from it. He is so spiritually in tune with the spirit he and I had a good conversation and we share the same hobbies. We both like welding machining stuff, you know we have a lot in common. We talked a lot on how each of us would go about this one project that he wants me to help him on. One of the things that he asked me is what your testimony is. I told him why I was here and what I believe is important to me. The reason he asked was because he felt such a great sense of peace when he was talking to me, he thinks I can really make a difference around here. I hope he is right. He was born in California but he served the same mission when he was younger and he married an Indian women and they both live in an Indian reservation together up in the mountains. 

Anyway, they are a great family. I hope I get to talk to them more. That was one of the highlights of this week. 

By the way I’m going to buy a card for my camera and I will send the old on to you. Remember, if you send me anything it has to be through PRIORITY MAIL or I won’t get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment