Monday, September 23, 2013

Gallup, New Mexico: Elder Collins' Temple Trip

My letter this week is getting out later than usual we had a big temple trip today we drove all the way down to snowflake it took about 2 and a half hours we had to wake up at 5 to get ready for the session that started at 8. It was a wonderful experience as always the temple is beautiful. I came in with some questions and i recieved my answers what a blessing it is to be able to go to the temple. The nice thing is we will be able to go again in 6 months.

Overall this week was a really slow week, I went on my first exchange, I stayed in Lupton, Arizona for one day with my district leader. Lupton is right on the rez and let me tell ya the first person we talked to was flat drunk it was so funny, he talked to us for 2 hours. He was talking about Cain and Garbiel being in the book of mormon he said it was in alma 23: 4 but i couldnt find it. He also talked about how we werent doing our jobs. His reasoning behind this was that he went to Gallup and got drunk on the street and a cop picked him up because he was so intoxicated. He was so intoxicated he made it on the front cover of the local news paper i wish i kept it, and he blamed us for it because he didnt get a ride to church. yet there is someone there every week to pick him up but he is never there,  and if he can get to gallup he can make it to church. Anyway that was my first experience out it the rez.

Exciting news we have a babtism this week, we are very excited for justin olvera he is a great guy. He say that he can already feel Satan trying to tempt him to not be batized this is going to be a rough week for him, his family doesnt agree with his dissision thats why he is going through a hard time but, he says he is not backing down nomatter what.

Thank you to all those who sent me a letter or a package they are very well apreciated, I love reading letters from home. Let me know how you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment