Monday, November 10, 2014

Fort Wingate, New Mexico: Elder Collins Crazy Saturday

Well, this week started out slow. Butterfield was sick all day Tuesday and half the day Wednesday, but we had a good week in spite of that. Saturday was crazy. We did service all day. At 8 in the morning we helped the branch members clean the church. At 9 we had to go help someone chop wood and we were doing that for about 4 hours. After that we were helping our branch president put insulation into a widow’s ceiling and underneath her house and we were moving the whole time. At 4 we had to go home get cleaned up and go to the church in Gallup to fill up the font as we had a baptism for two people. It wasn't until 9 o’clock that I could actually sit down and relax. The only problem was my mind was still going so I couldn't fall asleep until midnight. But it was an awesome day. I have never felt so much charity for others. Everything I did that day didn't help me in anyway other than how I feel and the Navajo taco that was given to us for putting in insulation. Anyway, the day was awesome and the week was great. It was a good week. I am happy and can’t wait to see what happens this week. Hope you are all doing well.

Elder Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment